After playing in the snow all morning, we celebrated Lilly's first birthday! I cannot believe my baby girl is already one year old - it makes me so sad. The year has flown by. I regret that I can remember little of the first half of the year as those first months were very traumatic for us, but the past year, while difficult, has been a blessing for us as well. I cannot imagine our life without Lilly - her smiles, laughs, and hugs. She is such a beautiful child and is one of the happiest babies that I know. She is also incredibly easy-going. I guess she has to be with a sister as demanding as Olivia :) Another word that would describe Lilly is determined - if she wants something, she will literally climb over you to get to it - nothing stands in her way. I like that about her personality - while it can be frustrating (and I am sure will be VERY frustrating when she is a teenager), it is an important trait to have and a trait that I think will serve her well.
We have been lucky that despite her diagnosis, Lilly has been healthy this first year. I took her in for her well-child visit and she weighs 18 lbs. and 2 ounces, which puts her in the 8th percentile in weight. Lilly is 29 inches long, which puts her in the 30-40th percentile in length. She is definitely not a bruiser, but she is growing and for that I am thankful. Lilly can crawl, "cruise" across furniture, and stand on her own. She is trying to take her first steps, but hasn't decided it is worth it since she can get anywhere she wants in a flash by crawling. She says "mama" and "dada" and jabbers up a storm, but I can understand very little of Lilly's small talk at this point. I have a feeling that will change soon and watch out - I am afraid once she starts talking she will never shut up! She loves to play peek-a-boo and clap her hands (although she would rather clap yours!). She is starting to point at what she wants and I am trying to teach her some sign language, although she looks at me like I am crazy :)
Lilly is also very sociable. Unlike Liv, who hated the groups at her birthday parties (and still does), Lilly loved the excitement. She was a joy to watch at her birthday party and as far as I am concerned, it was perfect! Enjoy the pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment