Here we go a'waissaling...
Yum!
So proud of her homemade Chex Mix!
Christmas isn't complete without our annual Gingerbread house...
I am 3 years old!
In addition to our raspberry gingerbread trifle, Olivia and I have been busy baking other goodies for Christmas. I hosted my dinner club for a cookie exchange and Olivia and I decided to get into the spirit by trying to make waissal. I think it turned out well - it looked beautiful and it tasted great! I am actually making it again Christmas Eve because I liked it so well! We also made a HUGE batch of homemade Chex Mix, which Olivia LOVED! The recipe is so easy and it is perfect for little hands to help since it is primarily pouring various items in a bowl and mixing. We gave away a large batch to our neighbors and Olivia was so very proud. Finally, Christmas would not be complete without our annual gingerbread house. I started this tradition when Olivia was about 18 months old - and she cannot wait to do it every year. I spent about 2 weeks listening to her ask when we were going to make our "gingerbread." She actually was very confused about the gingerbread trifle that we made and thought we were going to make our gingerbread house, so I had to endure a lot of pouting when she realized her mistake. I can't wait until Lilly is old enough to join in the fun - I am going to buy each of them a gingerbread house kit and create a small village - those kits are worth the $9 that I pay for them - every penny!






No comments:
Post a Comment