Tuesday, June 05, 2012

May - Derby, Seton Stars Performance, Little Gym Show Week, and Memorial Day Fun


We took the girls to Keeneland for the Derby this year.  We didn't place one bet.  Not one.  Probably because we lost all our money at the Build-A-Horse site.  What a racket...




So proud of their Derby picks!


Olivia finished up pre-K this year with an end-of-the-year musical performance at church.  Despite the fact that she was running a fever and sick to her stomach, she did a fantastic job!  I can't believe she will be a kindergartener at Seton next year!








Love my special girls!


Lilly also had a big performance at show week at the Little Gym.  She loved showing us all her tricks.  I am constantly amazed at Lilly's physical strength and her abilities.  I was so proud of her!  


Liv was so excited to be back at the Little Gym to play and to watch Lilly!


Walking the balance beam all by herself!



These two aren't scared of heights like their mommy!



Playing with her friend, Lola



Look at me Mom!




Laura and Lola - such good friends of ours!



Bubbles - the best part!



Lola was all smiles after getting her medal




Lilly was so proud of her medal and certificate! 


Liv was so proud of Lilly.  Isn't this sweet?


So proud of my girl!


Super Beasts!


Lilly's teacher Miss Kristin - we love her!


We spent Memorial Day weekend at Grammie and Grandpa's and Nanny and Papaw's house.  It was a beautiful, hot weekend and the girls had so much fun.  Here are some cute pictures of Lilly and Olivia playing in Grammie's porch.



Here are some pictures of the girls playing in Grammie's baby pool - they had a blast!








Olivia and Lilly helped Grandpa and Uncle Randy shuck corn for dinner - that was interesting...



Then the girls went to check on the garden they helped plant in early April.  Amazing how much it has grown!





This owl was hysterical!  Grandpa bought it to try to keep the birds away.  He paid quite a bit for it.  Of course, he couldn't wait to show the girls.  But when we got out there, it didn't work!  I laughed so hard.  I laughed even harder when the girls started dancing around it like it was a totem pole singing, "Should've been a Chi-O! Hoot!  Hoot!"  I think I have taught them well!


We also had a chance to go out on Nanny and Papaw's houseboat and pontoon.  The girls were so excited to drive the boat!



Don't judge me.  I know Lilly isn't wearing a life jacket.  She had one on, but I took it off because she was absolutely burning up.  Her little cheeks were so red and she had a complete meltdown.  Shortly after this picture was taken I took her back on the houseboat for a much needed nap.  She isn't much of a lake girl, unlike her sister.  






Driving off into the sunset!


We finished out the weekend playing in our baby pool with Miss Lola and eating popsicles!  What a great start to the summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...