So we arrived about 10 minutes early for the pictures, walked up to the Picture People shop in the mall, and realize that the shop is just opening the doors. Odd, I think. We go inside and wait for about 10 minutes. Lilly is trying to crawl on the dirty floor, getting her white hose filthy, and Liv is raising her dress to scratch her "bum" because her dress is "itchy." I am starting to sweat and wondering, where is the photographer? The sole girl who arrived to open that day finally comes up to me and says that they don't usually open until 10 and asked the time of my appointment. Well, 9 o'clock, I tell her. I received a phone call confirmation yesterday. I am rolling my eyes and thinking that they have completely screwed this entire session up. But then something doesn't feel quite right - so I look at the calendar on my iPhone and realize that we are getting our picture taken at the Portrait Shoppe - NOT the Picture People! I quickly realize that I confused the names of the two businesses - I had intended to schedule our pictures at the Picture People in the Mall but had instead scheduled them at the Portrait Shoppe.
The problem is now that I have no idea where the Portrait Shoppe is located. I ask the girl at the Picture People and she is clueless. I finally look up the address on my iPhone and realize it is on Pasadena Drive. So I call to find out if they can still fit us in (as it is now 9:15) and the photographer is very gracious after I call myself an "idiot" and explain what happened and she offers to take the girls' pictures if we want to come on. So I tell her that we will just do Christmas pictures so we don't run into her next appointment at ten and I run the girls (in their fuschia pink dresses, white tights, and black shoes) to the car as fast as I can. The tulle on these dresses is a little big, so we struggle to get into the car seat, but manage. At this point, Liv's bow is falling out of her hair and she is picking her nose. Not a good sign.
Jeremy and I tear down Nicholasville Road to Pasadena....and then drive up and down Pasadena looking for the Portrait Shoppe. We finally come to 144 Pasadena Drive - and discover that it is a mortuary service and NOT the Portrait Shoppe. At this point, I am in tears. At 9:41, I call the Portrait Shoppe and find out that they are actually located directly behind the Mall - literally yards from where we originally parked at the Mall. Seriously?! I inform them that they may want to update their address on the Internet yellow pages.
At that point, I knew it was time to give up. So I cancelled the appointment and dragged the girls home. On the way home, Liv starts crying because she "can't get a toy from the Disney store." Fantastic. So I promise her a trip to Target. I ended up with no pictures, but $20 poorer - $5 for the toy at Target I had to buy that afternoon on our second trip out and $15 for the toy I had purchased for Toys for Tots to cover the portrait session at the Portrait Shoppe (a special they were running that no longer applies after this weekend - of course.)
Needless to say, Jeremy did not make it to the football game today. He said he took one look at my face when I realized that we were at a mortuary service and not the Portrait Shoppe and immediately decided to stay at home. Not. A. Good. Day.
Not happy to be stuck in the "itchy" dress with no Disney toy...
Lilly wasn't fazed though - she loved the adventure!




No comments:
Post a Comment