"Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!"
She was so pumped about this costume
(so excited in fact that she has worn it 4 days straight!)
Lilly isn't so certain about this sheep costume...
Trick or Treat!
Where's the candy?
This is the look of a child who is not enjoying Halloween...
Show me the candy!
This was taken right before we sent Lilly home - after 2 houses. She was MISERABLE.
The saddest sheep I have ever seen. Hopefully she will enjoy it better next year.
Going house to house...
Handy Manny (or Bob the Builder depending on your preference)...
Cooper and Uncle Randy
Uncle Randy and Olivia
We took the kids trick or treating this year in Somerset at Grammie and Grandpa's house. It was really fun - Olivia was very into it this year! She has been talking about her costume for over a month. I have tried and tried to talk her out of it, but she insisted on being Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story. Oh well - maybe I will get a princess next year, but she tells me that she wants to be Thomas the Train, so I am not getting my hopes up. At least I get to choose Lilly's costume until she is 3. You can tell from the pictures what she thinks about my choice! Lilly basically hated Halloween - I think she despised her costume more than anything. Olivia loved it - except for the witches. One of Grammie's neighbors answered the door in a witch costume and I thought Liv peed on herself she was so scared. We spent the rest of the night promising her that there were no witches in the houses that we visited. She is not a fan.
Trick or treating in Somerset was actually a day earlier than Halloween, but rather than go trick or treating a second time in Lexington (and get more candy that is going straight to my hips), we decided to let Olivia wear her Buzz Lightyear costume (Lilly had a bye this time around) and give out candy. I swear, I think she had almost as fun giving out candy as getting it. She ran back and forth across the lawn crying "Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!" and talking to the other little kids. All went well until the fireworks went off in our neighborhood - lets just say she jumped higher than she ever did after seeing the witch. I think she is a fan of Halloween, but definitely not of fireworks or witches!










No comments:
Post a Comment