It is time to get ready for Great Strides! This is an event I have learned to both love and hate. I hate it because it reminds me what we are battling - but I love it because it gives me the opportunity to fight CF! The Great Strides Walk will be on May 21, 2011 at what is formerly known as Applebee's Park (I think it is now called the Whitaker Bank Ballpark - anyone have any connections at Whitaker Bank? They would be a good sponsor...just saying....) The walk is slated to begin at 9 and weather permitting, we hope to have our second annual tailgate and sea of pink take over the Legends' parking lot! Team Lilly's webpage is up and running, so if you are interested in coming out to support us, by walking, donating, or just praying or sending good wishes our way, it would be much appreciated! We raised over $13,000 last year and I would LOVE to top that - but I have set our goal at a modest $5,000 because starting out so strong our first year has made me nervous! Hopefully we can exceed our present goal, but I always keep in mind that every dollar, every dime, counts. You can go to my webpage to donate or join Team Lilly by clicking on the link on this blog in the right hand column. I hope you can join us and thank you in advance for your generous support!

This is what Lilly thinks of CF! She has a few other choice words that I
cannot include in this family friendly blog, but you get her point!
No comments:
Post a Comment