Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Getting A Little Exercise

Wearing our pink hat and drinking some tea
No, no!
Some more recent spring days have spurred us to take a few walks to try to work off those Christmas and Valentine's Day calories. First, we have to have the proper gear. Jogging stroller - check. Juice - check. Foo-foops (aka Fruit Loops) - check. Katie and Sadie (stuffed dogs that we don't go anywhere without) - check as to Katie. Unfortunately there is no room for Sadie - she gets to go next time around. Whining - check. An official pink hat from the Cliffs (apparently if you play golf this is something special) - check. 45 minutes later - ready, set, walk!

Olivia loves walking, particularly where she gets to ride in the stroller and I do all the work. If I stop for a second, I hear "Walk, mama, walk!" from a very commanding voice. What do I do? I walk of course - I don't mess around with her. She also loves to yell at Jake and Maggie, who generally walk ahead of us with Jeremy as well. She is quite the taskmaster - everytime they use the bathroom, she tells them "no, no." If any of you own a male dog who likes to mark every blade of grass that we pass, you will appreciate how often I hear the word "no" during a 2 mile walk. I think she may grow up to be an aerobics instructor. Or a sergeant in the armed forces. Same thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...