Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter 2009

Smelling the tulips and daffodils (or what is left of them...)
You can tell from her basket that she has had some practice...
Grammie is "helping" because the eggs contained money. We are on to you Grammie!
Drawing on the concrete and practicing our colors...
Uncle Rusty and Memaw watching everyone hunt eggs!
Oh, the contrast. Olivia in her Easter dress and Mommy in her casual clothes...
Olivia just loved running around in her dress through the grass.
I thought this was very picturesque.
We had a wonderful Easter Sunday this past week. Uncle Rusty was supposed to fly in from Korea on Friday, but his flight was delayed. That in turn delayed our trip to Somerset. So Saturday morning Jeremy and I decided to take Olivia to see the Easter Bunny at Fayette Mall. She was so excited - she chanted "Easter Bunny!" or "Aster Beanie" (apparently her Uncle Chris's rendition of Easter Bunny when he was a small tike) all the way to the mall. She walked up to the Easter Bunny like a big girl, holding our hands and barely containing her excitement. We were so lucky - the line was only one family deep. Jeremy and I were crossing our fingers. The big moment came - Olivia's turn was up and she looked the Easter Bunny in the eyes (or knees) and said "no." She then looked at me, said "up" and "no, no." She absolutely refused to get into the Easter Bunny's lap, even if I sat with her. Oh well. Not surprised. But she did get a pair of bunny ears to wear around the mall, which she did with great pride screaming "Easter Bunny" for the rest of our trip. I wish I had a picture, but she tore the ears off before we made it home. She even reportedly told her Nana and Papaw that she took a picture with the Easter Bunny - I may have to have a talk with her about little fibs...

Uncle Rusty finally made it to Lexington on Saturday afternoon. Olivia was so excited to meet him at the airport with balloons! She was even more excited that he brought her a "Rusty-Dog" from Korea (a stuffed animal). It is her new favorite toy!

We were able to spend a gorgeous Easter Sunday together as a family. Unfortunately, I am embarrassed to report that for the first time in 30 years, I did not attend church. I am certain I am going to burn for that one. But seriously, who schedules only one Mass at 9:00 on Easter Sunday for the only Catholic Church within a 100 mile radius? Apparently someone who doesn't have a two year old that stayed up until 9:30 Saturday night after a day of excitement without a nap and a reluctant husband to push out the door. I am hoping God will forgive me (even if I admit that there was laziness on my part involved). Even though Jeremy and I didn't wear our church clothes, we made sure Olivia had a chance to twirl in her Easter dress. She looked adorable. She was a champ at hunting Easter eggs (something we have been working on for a couple of days with practice hunts around the house - I will try anything to keep her occupied). She also had a great time playing with her cousins Grayson and Jack. The bubbles and chalk were a big hit! Tanner and Cooper were a little too small to participate, but at least Olivia was distracted enough to let me hold the babies occasionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...