December always begins with Daddy's birthday on December 1st! Unfortunately, with Thanksgiving and Christmas, Daddy usually doesn't get much of a celebration for his birthday. Here we are celebrating with his snowman cake (courtesy of Meijer - sorry it isn't homemade, Daddy) and a serenade by his favorite girls! We love you Daddy!
Two days later, we celebrated Lilly's 3rd birthday on December 3rd. I can't believe she is three years old - it can't be possible! Lilly requested a Scoobie Doo birthday party at the Little Gym and I think the kids had a wonderful time. I know Lilly enjoyed every minute and loved all her presents!
Lilly's new big girl bicycle!
Lilly and her cousin Callie playing with the drum sticks.
Its a Scoobie Doo Party!
Trying to blow out her candle!
Lots of presents and some cool Christmas shades courtesy of Uncle Bob and Aunt Windy!
I would be remiss if I didn't write about an important milestone. After much agonizing, and my admission of complete defeat, Lilly must have heard my anguished cries, because she finally decided she was ready to be potty trained. I gave up on a Friday near her birthday and for the next week she used the potty without accident. I am fully convinced that Lilly doesn't do anything unless she wants to and she didn't want to be potty trained until she was three years old. In fact, I am so convinced of this that when she finally had her first accident, in clothes I picked out for her birthday party that she emphatically did NOT want to wear, I believe she peed in the outfit on purpose. I think Lilly and I are going to butt heads years before she hits puberty - please pray for me to have patience!











No comments:
Post a Comment