Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Easter and Lilly's Baptism


Here comes Peter Cottontail...


Excited that the Easter Bunny came to see her!


Exhausted by the morning activities...


This is photo 55 of 120 I think...


Momma's little girl!


Another attempt at the family photo...


The lady of the hour - in her white gown waiting to be baptized!


Lilly was a good girl as long as we were standing with her...


A group photo with Uncle Larry (the officiating deacon), 
Aunt Shell (the godmother) and Uncle Chris (the godfather)...


A group photo with the proud grandparents!


The two darling ladies, Chloe and Lilly, at their baptism (and the birthday girl Sara!)


Memaw Cranfill had just had back surgery for a broken vertebrae believe it or not!


Hunting Easter eggs!


Olivia was an egg hunting machine!


Lilly watched from the sidelines, waiting her turn next year!

This was the most beautiful Easter I can remember.  Mid-70's, sunny, and absolutely gorgeous - it felt more like June than early April.  True to tradition, we can't just celebrate a single holiday - no, we have to go all out.  So this year, we celebrated not only Easter, but Lilly and her cousin, Chloe's, baptism, as well as our cousin, Sara's, birthday!  Whew - talk about a busy day!  I am ashamed to say that we didn't even make it to church.  I know - that is terrible.  I will being doing a LOT of penance for it.  But I had no idea how hard it is to get two girls up and going early on Easter morning, particularly when you try to cram so much in one day.  I will be better prepared next year.  We did manage to make it to the baptism, which went beautifully.  A big thank you to Uncle Larry who officiated the ceremony, cousin Abbey who did a reading for us (and did a beautiful job), and the godparents, Uncle Chris and Great Aunt Shell.  After the ceremony, we went to a fabulous reception hosted by Uncle Larry and Aunt Tammy.  The food was good (at least what I remember of it as I shoved it down my throat while trying to tend to the girls) and I am sure the party was a blast - I wouldn't know, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off!  But Olivia really enjoyed the Easter Egg Hunt - I had to watch her a couple of times because I thought she was going to knock some of her cousins down to get to the eggs.  She discovered that - yes - she does like chocolate now.  Great.  So much for my salad chomping 2 year old.  Needless to say, she was pretty hyped up on sugar all day.  Lilly was hyped up by all the activity.  But by the time we made it home late that night, both girls were so exhausted that they could barely hold their heads up.  I have to say, Jeremy and I felt the exact same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...