
A week makes a big difference. Lilly is a week old today and Olivia has warmed up quite a bit to her. We have gone from refusing to touch her to helping Mommy by picking out Lilly's diapers, wipes, bibs, and burp clothes. Olivia helps me hold the bottles while I feed her and loves to feel her feet ("I like them Mommy.") She pats her on her back and tells her "It's okay, baby sissy, it's okay." She also will tell her it is time to get up to eat when we are ready to feed. It is really quite funny. I did tear up a little when out of the blue Olivia told me that she "liked her" and then later said she "loved" her baby sissy. Now if we can get her to hold her...
On another note, although Lilly lost over 8% of her body weight and reached 5 lbs. 1 oz. (like I said, a complete monster), she is finally gaining some weight and is back to 5 lbs. 4 oz. In the words of her pediatrician, she is a peanut!
No comments:
Post a Comment